Good morning beautiful souls,
I recently purchased some new Bodyshop goods, products I haven’t tried before. I thought about doing a first impressions post, but then decided to try them out a little first before reviewing them. So without further ado, here’s what I thought:
Waterproof Mascara –
I’m going to be blunt – I hate it and definitely will not be repurchasing this again! Saying that I like the brush, it makes for a an easy application and creates good lash length. However the product itself leaves me with dark circles under my eyes quite quickly and removing it at the end of the day is practically impossible without ripping out half of my eyelashes!
I didn’t need a new lipgloss but this beautiful shimmery metallic rose tone just wanted to be bought haha. The application brush is a works really well and the lipgoss has a nice consistency and sparkle to it without being uber shiny and sticky which I hate.
Vitamin E Face Cream –
I’ve been really enjoying this face cream as it is nice and light and doesn’t feel like it clogs up your skin. The reason I picked this though is because it has an SPF 30. It’s important to remember to protect our skin from the UV rays in autumn and winter too when the sun and sunburn aren’t as obvious! I use this every morning and am very likely to repurchase!
I’m going to admit I one of these people who doesn’t really pay much attention to primers, I mean I understand what they do, but as to whether my makeup is really smoother or stays on longer, I really couldn’t tell you. Saying that it does make the application process easier and does seem to soften and even out the skin well.
Have you tried any of these products?! I’d love to know 🙂
Good morning beautiful souls,
My travel blogs are coming at ya a little belated, for which I am sorry, but I’m finally getting back into mu blogging and I have a lot of belated content to share haha, plus it is nice to reminisce all the cute mini getaways I had this summer! A couple of months ago I had my last holiday of the summer which was a couple of days in Alnmouth with my family and I just wanted to share a few photos from my time there with you!
We had a lovely few days together just relaxing and enjoying each others company.
We went for walks along the beach…
Were creative together painting, looking around an art gallery and taking a trip to Potadoodledo to paint some pottery which was great fun!
I cooked everyone delicious vegan food every day from tofu scramble to pea risotto all the while enjoying some delish holiday G&T’s whilst doing my thang in the kitchen haha – anyone else love a drink whilst cooking dinner?!
My sister and I introduced our parents to Queer Eye (if you haven’t seen this program you’re missing out- it’s the cutest) and we chilled watching tv or reading our books in the evenings…
All too soon however it was time for me to go home and back to work, whilst my mum, dad and sister were allowed to enjoy another couple of days there (I totally was not jealous!)
I love Alnmouth! If you live in the north east and haven’t been yet I highly suggest you take a trip to this cute coastal village with a beautiful beach!!!
Good evening beautiful souls,
Today is Durham Pride and I have spent a fab day celebrating love in all its beautiful forms with a bunch of amazing people 💟
Last year I went to Newcastle Pride with this lot (it was my first pride event) and this year I was excited go to Durham Pride.
We couldn’t have asked for a better day the weather has been amazing all day. Not a single cloud in sight, just brilliant hot sunshine. Anyway, I don’t have much to say really apart from I’m glad to be part of such an amazing LGBT community and I’ve had an absolutely brilliant day, well I’m still having a fab day and thus I just wanted to share a couple of photos with you:
Makeup and festival gems at the ready!!!
The March from Durham Cathedral down to the Sands (a field by the river Wear).
Celebrating with all these beautiful souls 💟
My delicious vegan burger from the Green Guerrilla which was to die for!
As sun was out all day I luckily thought to bring sun cream with me because some of us started to turn red pretty quickly!
The vibes were all super friendly and happy. We enjoyed entertainment from Stooshe, Lloyd Daniels some fabulous drag queens as well as many other acts…
Now we’re just having a bite to eat before heading out to town for a bit. I hope you have all also had a wonderful sunny happy day!!
Love Carina xo
Good evening beautiful souls,
“The ultimate test of man’s conscience may be his willingness to sacrifice something today for future generations whose words of thanks will not be heard.” ― Gaylord Nelson
As it’s Earth Day today I wanted to draw your attention to the unsustainable lives we are living. Through our modern lifestyles we are destroying & hurting our earth, all it’s earthlings and our ecosystem – something needs to change!!!
I would love you all to take a moment and reflect on the lifestyle choices you make and how you might be able to adjust things to live greener more environmentally friendly lives. I urge you all to take part and make a conscious effort to make some little changes so that we may create a happier, healthier planet for ourselves and generations to come!
No change is to small – every little helps and it’s important we all play our part and look after the earth!!!
Here are just few ideas to get you started:
- Recycle!!! Everything that can be recycled please don’t just dump it into general waste!
- Invest in some stainless steel straws for home use. Refuse straws when out and about or get into the habit of bringing your own straw with you (yes I am one of those people who carries a stainless steel straw in her backpack)
- Start buying loose fruit and vegetables and bring your own mesh bags to put them in.
- Or why not invest in a local organic veg bag subscription!
- Bring your own bag to the supermarket instead of buying plastic ones!
- If you are a tea drinker buy loose leaf teas and use a tea strainer (most tea bags are still made with plastic)
- Use roll on deodorants instead of aerosols
- Try and avoid aerosol products in general. You can swap most things eg. use good old fashioned talcum powder instead of dry shampoo, buy reed diffusers instead of air fresheners…
- Invest in a reusable takeaway coffee/tea mug
- Buy biodegradable bamboo toothbrushes, plastic ones fill our landfills and take over 400 years to decompose!!!
- Ladies – buy yourself a menstrual cup – not only are you saving yourself money but your helping the environment and your body as they are far less dangerous!
- Have a go at going vegan (or at least making some swaps and cutting down your animal product consumption) – don’t diss veganism straight away beautiful souls – animal agriculture is responsible for more greenhouse gas emissions than the entire transportation system combined!
- Use reusable cleansing pads instead of throwaway cleansing wipes (reusable bamboo breast pads area great option)
- Use natural shampoo & soap bars instead of going through bottles of shampoo and conditioner (lush gave some really nice ones)
- Invest in an electric razor/shaver rather than using one use plastic razors.
- Install the Ecosia web browser which plants trees as you do your online browsing – I mean what’s not to like – this is such an easy change to make!!
The list is endless, I could go on forever. Please have a look into making some changes ❤ This really isn’t an issue we can ignore!!!
I’ll leave you with another quote:
“It’s going to take all of us, gathering our voices and acting together. Saying, “Not on our watch” to create a future for humans, animals and the environment.” ― Eileen Anglin
P.s. If you already are making some changes I’d love to know what you are doing!